As Canada’s economy continues to rise, it’s no surprise that the demand for skilled workers in the nation’s industries is also increasing. To solve this issue of understaffing, many Canadian companies are now employing foreign workers to fill these critical positions.
These companies sponsor immigrants who are looking to work in Canada, this is done through various programs and initiatives, they do provide them with work permits and visas to legally work in Canada. Canada is known for their welcoming attributes so immigrants don’t necessarily feel inferior while working over there.
Over the years, the Canadian government has made it easier for foreign workers to come to Canada and work. This is mainly because Canada is currently low on a skilled staff.
Due to this, many Canadian companies are now sponsoring immigrants who are looking to work in the country. This means that they are providing them with work permits as they will be coming to Canada to work for them. On the other hand, there are many benefits Canadian Companies stand to gain when sponsoring foreign workers.
It can help them to fill skills shortages, increase the companies productivity, and also expand their business to other regions and provinces. Also foreign workers also stand to enjoy benefits like an opportunity to live and work in Canada, and to gain valuable experience.
Process Of Sponsoring Foreign Workers
Before Canadian companies are qualified to sponsor foreign workers, they must navigate a structured process to sponsor foreign workers. This process involves acquiring the required work permits and visas, following the immigration rules and regulations, and also providing adequate support to foreign workers throughout their employment journey.
- Assessing Eligibility: The Companies are in charge of determining whether the position they wish to fill meets the eligibility criteria for sponsorship. Some of the criteria include considering factors like the job’s skill level, the availability of qualified Canadian workers, and also the cost of wage for the position.
- Securing a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA): An LMIA is a document that proves hiring a foreign worker will not impact the Canadian labor market negatively. Due to this, the company must obtain an LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) before proceeding with sponsorship.
- Submitting a Visa Application: Surely the next step to follow after an LMIA is secured, is for the company to apply for a work permit for the foreign worker. To complete this process, they need to provide various documents, submit biometrics, and pay applicable fees.
- Providing Support and Integration: This is the last process of sponsoring a foreigners Visa. After they have arrived in the country, companies must support the foreign workers’ integration into the Canadian workplace and community. This may include helping them to find a house, learning English or French, and navigating cultural differences.
Canadian Companies That Sponsor Foreign Workers
- Elastic Path
- P&H Farms
- Google Canada
How To Get A Job At Canadian Companies That Sponsor Foreign Workers
If you are an immigrant looking to relocate to Canada and you are interested in working at companies that sponsor foreign workers, then do this:
- Find a job offer Online: you can browse through websites that post notifications about vacant job openings. Some of the websites that mostly indulge in such includes Indeed, Workopolis, Monster, Craigslist or perhaps visit social media platforms like LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Meet with recruitment agencies
- Attend job fairs and keep your eyes open for employment openings.
- Come to Canada: Go to Canada and ask employers in the field of your choice whether there are openings available.
Benefits Of Sponsoring Foreign Workers
- Addressing Skills Shortages: Canada’s workforce are currently facing an increase in the demand for skilled labor in sectors like healthcare, technology, and construction. So therefore sponsoring a foreign workers will help bridge these skill gaps and ensure that companies have access to the talent they need to improve their situation.
- Enhancing Diversity and Inclusion: Employing Foreign workers brings the Canadian a wealth of cultural perspectives, experiences, and knowledge, fostering a more inclusive and enriching work environment. This will greatly help in promoting innovation, creativity, and problem-solving, contributing to a company’s overall success.
- Expanding Global Reach: Another benefit the companies stand to enjoy when they sponsor foreign workers is the fact that Sponsoring foreign workers allows them to tap into a global talent pool, improving their reach and competitiveness in the international marketplace. This can lead to new market opportunities, partnerships, and a broader customer base.
Trust me Canadian companies sponsoring foreign workers definitely do play a vital role in aiding the nation’s dynamic economy and improving a diverse and inclusive workforce.
By recognizing the value of global talent, these organizations contribute to Canada’s competitiveness and innovation worldwide, and also enrich the lives of foreign workers who have chosen to immigrate to Canada and recognize it as their permanent home.