Are you freaked out with searching for information on how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App? Take a deep breath and read through this article that is aimed and meeting your needs and easing your search. It would take you on a smooth ride to learn how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App and other related issues.
Cash App users are aware that the app is used for many functions among which are sending and receiving payments, payments of bills, goods, and services, buying and trading bitcoin, stock investments, withdrawals, Direct Deposits, etc.
However, not so many are abreast with information regarding mobile check deposits on Cash App hence the upsurge in the search for how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App.
We are always here to ease your search and provide adequate information so this post will give an explicit exposition on how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App. Pay attention as you read to the bottom line.
Can I Mobile Deposit A Check On Cash App?
Let’s start by informing those who are not aware that it is possible to mobile deposit a check on Cash App. Hence the answer to the question above is Yes.
You should have been aware that cash app periodically improved on the features and functions of the app to better address the needs of the users. So mobile depositing a check on Cash App is one of those recent functions that was added.
How Does Mobile Deposit Of Check Work On Cash App?
Read the section to know how mobile check deposits work on Cash App before we go on to see how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App. Talking about check deposits involves two types. The paper check deposit and the Electronic deposit. The former is the traditional type but with the upsurge of technology, there has been a need to move towards electronic check deposits.
With the mobile check deposit feature on Cash App, you do not need to visit a bank to cash your check. It is done electronically using your mobile device. With Cash App, you cannot do the mobile deposit whereby you snap the photo of a paper check although it has guidelines for mobile deposit its features aren’t active.
What is done with Cash App is the electronic deposit of checks using the routing and account number. This process is more commonly called the Direct Deposit. You will get this clearer as you read on.
Who Can Mobile Deposit A Check On Cash App?
Before you move to read the section on how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App, take note that not everyone can use this service.
Further Reading: Can I Deposit A Paper Check On Cash App?
Requirements For Cash App Mobile Check Deposit
Let’s now see some of the requirements or criteria necessary for how to deposit a check on the Cash App. As stated above, you must be a Cash App user with an activated Cash App card. Let’s see others below.
- Check must be in US dollars only
- The check must the endorsed by the owner.
- The check must be written in your name or jointly with another owner.
- The amount on the check must not exceed the Cash App check deposit limit as would be discussed in the course of this post.
- The check must not have been earlier deposited or cashed by someone else.
- It must not be postdated.
- Cash App routing and account number.
How To Enable Mobile Check Deposit On Cash App
Remember we noted earlier that mobile check deposit on Cash App is the same as Direct Deposit. So join me as I expose how to enable mobile check deposits on Cash App.
- Log in to your Cash App and tab click on the banking tab at the bottom of your homepage.
- Select Deposit and then Transfer
- Press the copy details icon to get your routing and account number. (These details can be shared with your employer or anyone that intends to pay Direct Deposit to your account such as IRS)
- Navigate backward and click on the Direct Deposit form
- Enter the details of your employer
- Follow the prompt to enter all required information and submit the form.
How To Mobile Deposit A Check On Cash App
Now to the main interest of this post. Let’s see how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App since you have enabled the mobile check deposit option. So take the following steps as u guide you to deposit your check on Cash App.
- Log in to your Cash App or go back to the homepage if you are already logged in.
- Click on balance at the top left corner of the screen.
- Navigate downwards and click on Deposit a Check.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit bearing the limit in mind.
- Enter a clear and visible picture of the front and back of the check.
- Follow the prompt to submit the check. Make sure that before submission, the check must be endorsed. And you must write For Deposit Only at the bottom of your signature. Confirm the account name, routing, and account number, and keep a copy of the check with you.
How Long Does It Take To Mobile Deposit A Check On Cash App?
Now that you know how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App, let’s confirm how long it will take to receive the money. Although there is no specific time it takes to process and receive a mobile check deposit on Cash App, it usually would not take less than one and a maximum of 14 business days if it was successfully deposited.
This happens because the company would go through the information entered and if it is successful, you would get an email to that effect. This is done to avoid any form of Cash App fraud in the process.
What Is The Limit To Mobile Deposit A Check On Cash App?
We started earlier, that in the process of learning how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App, do not neglect the Cash App mobile check deposit limit.
Cash App limit for mobile check deposit is a maximum of $3500 per check. And you are allowed to deposit up to 5 checks or $7500 each month.
Check Deposit Not Received. What Can I Do?
If you haven’t received the check deposit after two weeks, then there must have been some form of error somewhere, especially in the aspect of how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App. Do not panic as it can be resolved by contacting Cash App support through the following avenues.
- www.cash.app/help on your browser. Scroll downward and click on Contact Support. Log in and search for your issue.
- Call the Cash App support phone number at 1 (800) 969-1940
- Reach out to Cash App on the mobile app by clicking on your profile icon, scrolling down, and clicking on Cash App support. Tap on Something Else, navigate to your issue, and select Contact Support.
How Can I Cancel Mobile Check Deposit On Cash App?
You can only cancel a check deposit on Cash App if it has not been processed. To cancel it go to the Earn tab on your Cash App. Choose payments and delete the pending mobile check deposit payment from there.
Can I Mobile Deposit A Picture Only Check On Cash App?
The simple answer to those is NO. Cash App does not accept checks with pictures only. All checks that are to be mobile deposited must contain your routing and account number.
Cash App makes banking seamlessly easy for its users hence you should follow the steps on how to mobile deposit a check on Cash App that this article has explained. While making the deposit, do not forget the limit as clearly stated in the post also.
Take note of whatever is not accepted as well as all requirements to aid a successful transaction. If you need to complain or ask further questions, do not hesitate to contact Cash App for support as highlighted above.