With the advancement in technology, there has been a total revolution in the financial institutions which has led to the development of different online banking apps like Apple Pay. But how these banking apps work is not yet clear to some people, especially to new users.
If you are among the people that don’t know How To Pay Someone With Apple Pay, and other working principles of the app, this article is designed to keep you informed, stay tuned!
How to Send Money With Apple Pay is not a straightforward process because Apple Pay works in different iDevices like iPad and iPhone but all the same, at the end of this article, you are going to learn how you can use Apple Pay on iDevices to pay someone. Let’s quickly look at how to send money using Apple Pay.
How To Pay Someone With Apple Pay
Here, I’m going to walk you through different ways on how to pay someone with Apple Pay. If you want to send money to your close associates with Apple Pay, you can use iDevices like iPad and iPhone to carry out such transactions, you can check out the lay down procedures below.
Sending Money In The Messages App Using Apple Pay
On Your iPhone Or iPad
- Go to the Messages app and open it.
- Commence a new conversation or click on an existing message.
- Click on the Apple Pay button i.e Apple Pay icon.
- But if you don’t see the Apple cash button, then you need to click on the App Store icon first.
- Fill in the exact amount you want to send.
- Click on Pay, before you click the send button to enable review or cancel the payment if you wish.
- Verify and confirm your payment with Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode depending on the security code on your device.
- It’s possible to still cancel the transaction if the person you sent the money to has to is yet to accept it.
Now that you have learned how to send money using Apple Pay, what if someone just requested money from you? How do you go about it, thankfully, I will be doing justice to that in the section below.
How To Respond To A Request For Money On Apple Pay Using iPhone Or iPad
Now that you have you have understood how to send money to someone using Apple Pay, what if someone close to you requests for financial aid, how do you go about it? What you will do is not far fetched, I am going to address that in this section.
Whenever you receive a financial request from a friend or a family member, and you want to respond to the request by sending money to them, you can check out these simple steps.
- Move to the Message app and open the request
- Click Pay on the message
- Review and confirm the exact amount you want to send
- Click pay to proceed
- Verify and confirm the payment using either Touch ID, Face ID, or passcode depending on the security code on your device
- Send your payment
However, if you want to decline the request, it isn’t a big deal. All you need to do is to ignore the message.
Even though there are numerous ways to send money using Apple Pay but have you tried using Wallet App to do that before, if no, let’s quickly look at briefly.
How To Send Money In The Wallet App Using Apple Pay
When you have money in your Apple Cash which is usually stored in the Wallet app, you can easily send the money to any of your close associates by following these steps:
- Switch on your iPhone
- Open the iPhone Wallet app
- Click on Apple Cash card
- Click on Send
- Choose or add the exact person you want to send the money to
- Click next
- Fill in the amount you want to send
- Click on send with Messages
- Click the send button icon to either review or cancel the transaction
- Verify and confirm your payment with either Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode as the case may be.
If after knowing how to send money using Apple Pay and it turns out that you need urgent financial aid and the only option left for you is to request money from your associates, you can use the procedures below to help yourself out.
How To Request Money From Someone Using Apple Pay
If you are in dire need of financial assistance, don’t die in silence, you can easily request for financial aid from your family members and friends.
But to be able to do this, you must hay iDevice and ensure that your Apple Cash App is updated to the latest version, once you have done that correctly, you can request for money from people by doing this:
On Your iPhone Or iPad
- Switch on your iDevice
- Navigate to Messages app and open it, you can start a new conversation
- Click on the Apple cash button icon, in case you don’t see the Apple cash button, you need to click on the App Store icon first
- Fill in the exact amount you want to request
- Click “Request”
- Send your request and that’s all
Having said that, we know how exciting it would be if we request for financial aid from friends and the swiftly responded to it, as we know that credit alerts boost immune system, the first thing that will come to your mind is how to accept the payment. If you want to do that, follow the lay down procedures in the next section.
How To Automatically Or Manually Accept Payments On Apple Pay
If you are a new user of Apple cash, you only have seven days to accept money that has been sent to you once you have read and accepted their terms and conditions.
Once you have done that, your payments will be accepted automatically and it will be added to your Apple Cash card. Though in some instances, you may be asked to verify your identity.
Interestingly, once people send money to you, it will be received and it will be kept your Apple Cash. Once the money is in your Apple Cash, you can spend it with your Apple Pay, or better still, you can send it to your eligible bank account.
On Your iPhone
- Go to the Wallet app on your iPhone and open it
- Click on your Apple Cash card
- Click on the more button icon
- Click on Accept payment automatically or manually depending on your choice and you are done
N/B: Once you select “Manually Accept Payments” you will get a notification informing you that you will Accept the message when someone sends you money and you have seven days to accept the payment.
Can I Pay Using Someone Else’s Apple Pay Account?
No, it is not advisable to pay using someone else’s Apple Pay account.
This is because Apple Pay as a financially regulated institution, needs to know the real identity of their customers which include the source of money they pay with.
Though in some instances, Apple Pay accepts payments from business accounts. But before that can be done, they usually request the official documentation from the business, which contains the reasons why the establishment wants to carry out such transaction. For your information, you must use your own cards when paying with Apple Pay.