Without a doubt I believe you must have come across a peer-to-peer payment feature of Apple Pay wallet. I will be showing you how to use Apple cash in your Apple Pay wallet to send, receive and request money.
A numerous amount of people make use of cash in their day-to-day activities and would obviously request the service of a mobile payment platform such as Apple Pay.
Meanwhile, extensive details on what you need to know in order to set up Apple Cash features in your Apple Pay wallet will be discussed in the article below.
Apple Cash is simply a very convenient Albion complex system that is utilized in the United States for sending and receiving digital cash.
How To Set Up And Use Apple Cash?
Sometimes Apple cash is mostly confused with Apple pay or Apple card also referred to as Apple’s credit card. I guess all these seem a little confusing, anyways Apple cash is tied to Apple Pay as it lets you make certain purchases and stores, apps and on the internet.
However, you could definitely transfer Apple cash to your bank account as it’s very similar to a cash app and some other mobile payment wallets except the fact that it is tied to your Apple ID.
You can send people money and people could send you money as it is kept securely on your Apple cash cart.
I know that at this point, you will be eager to learn how to use and set up Apple Cash. Nevertheless, you will get to know how to do this by following the few procedures highlighted below.
Set Up And Open The Wallet App
The first step is to open your wallet app. If you have Apple pay setup up already on your device, this would be a lot easier and straight forward.
Set Up Apple Cash On Apple Pay
To set up Apple Pay cash, you’ll first need to enable two-factor authentication by navigating to settings followed by iCloud password, security and two-factor authentication.
- Next step to take is to head to the wallet app, you will see a new Apple pay cash card option at the top of your screen
- Tap on this and click on continue to generate your Apple pay cash card.
- Once the digital cash card is created, iOS will ask you to pair a debit card with the new service. You really need to do this since transfers from credit cards incur a 3% fee.
- Although, If you already have cards connected to your iCloud account they’ll show up as viable options which you can easily choose which ones to add or you can even add a different card manually.
- After tapping on continue, the system will ask you to verify your cards.
- Once they have been added successfully, your Apple pay cash card will now show up with a zero balance as it has finally been set up and ready for use.
How To Transfer Apple Cash To Your Bank Account?
In one of our articles on this blog, we explained in details” how to transfer apple cash to bank. Now, we are going to explain it again for everyone searching for how to use apple cash to also learn and understand everything about the financial App.
First of all, iOS will ask you for your routing number and account number, you can find both numbers on one of your cheques or just give your bank a call to get that info.
Once your bank account is added, choosing the amount you want to transfer and authenticate transfers could take one to three business days.
- Open the wallet app and tap on the Apple cash card.
- On the next screen tap transfer and to enter the amount you want to send, click next.
- Now, you need to choose one, two or three business days, if you don’t have a bank account already set up follow the instructions on screen to add one.
- Next, you will need to confirm with a face ID, touch ID or your passcode.
However, the worst part of this is waiting for your money to be transferred. If you have a Visa debit card tie to Apple cash, you can use instant transfer to get money into your bank account fast.
After you tap transfer to the bank instead of hitting one to three business days, tap instant transfer next and select the visa debit card you want to transfer money to together with the billing information. Now you need to wait for your funds to get transferred within 30 minutes.
What Do I Use Apple Cash For?
The most vital uses of apple can is simply for requesting money from friends, sending cash and so many more.
Request Money From Your Friends
From the messages app, tap the Apple paid button and enter an amount of money and then click on request. A money request notification will automatically be sent to your friend.
Send Money To Friends
Just head into the messages app, open a conversation with a friend then tap on the app icon. An apple page should show up in the app drawer then choose the amount you want to send and tap pay you’ll get a preview of the payment.
Once you are ready, tap send and authenticate with your face ID. Instantly, your friend will receive an Apple pay cash pop up in messages which they can then tap on to view the transaction.
Note that both you and your friend need to have at least iOS 11.2 installed for person-to-person payments to work.
How To Cancel Apple Cash Payment?
A time might come whereby you might need to cancel an apple cash payment, for instance maybe a friend you sent money to hasn’t received it yet due to some certain circumstances.
The following steps would guide you on how to go about canceling an apple cash payment.
- Firstly, open up messages in your apple pay app and go to payments.
- Another way to carry out the above procedure is to find the payment on the latest transaction stream in your Apple cash card.
- Tap the payment to see the details then check the status field from this stage.
- Click on “cancel payment” to cancel an apple cash payment.
However, you might probably not find the option to cancel. What this implies is that the person you sent funds to has already accepted the payment.
In this case, if you still want your money returned you have to go and ask that person to send the money back instead.
Can I Enable And Disable Apple Cash?
Once you tap on the card you’ll only get some general information like the last transaction so you’ll have to go into the settings and then wallet and Apple pay from here you can enable and disable Apple pay cash.
Lets tap into the cash card here we can see our latest transactions and we can also request a statement by tapping on the info you see an option to add money.
Nonetheless, If you plan on sending or receiving transfers over $500, Apple pay might require that you verify your identity.
To do so navigate to your Apple pay card and wallet and select verify identity. You might be asked to provide a social security number, address, date of birth and in some cases a photo of a valid driver’s license.
How To Use Apple Cash On Apple Watch?
Apple cash isn’t limited to your phone alone, you can use it on your Apple watch effectively. In order to do so you will be required to go through the following simple steps below.
- First and foremost, you need to open up the messages app on your apple watch
- The next step is to scroll down and tap the Apple cash button.
- Now turn the digital crown to add or subtract money, then tap pay.
I believe you have linked apple pay with your apple watch and followed all the necessary instructions before doing this.
Video: How To Use Apple Cash
Apple has officially launched Apple pay cash for quite a while now, it was once a long-awaited peer-to-peer payment feature in iOS which allows users to send and receive money from family and friends through messages.
Now that you have learnt how to use apple pay, it should definitely be of use to you regarding the management of your finances.