Are you one of those users who often raise queries about how to change Google voice number? If yes, then do not skip this blog post for anything in the world. In this post, we are going to discuss in detail how to change the Google voice number for Android, iPhone, and computers.
So stay tuned as I take you through the informative and enlightening article.
“The world is a global village”. This is a popular saying and it is true and highly enabled by the internet. Standing on that premise, Google Voice has been a major facilitator in connecting the entire world with the use of an internet-enabled phone number with which calls can be made to and from anywhere in the world. This is called the Google Voice Number.
This amazing telephone service was introduced by Google long ago and feedback has shown that it has been good. allows international call termination for Google account customers in the US, Canada, Portugal, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, etc.
However, in the course of using the Google Voice number, one might be faced with a situation that necessitates changing the number. It is in such a situation that users search for how to change their Google Voice number. And this is the purpose of writing this article to give you every tip and step that you need to change your Google voice number. Let’s begin by giving an overview of the meaning of the term.
What Is A Google Voice Number?
It is necessary that before we start our discussion on how to change the Google Voice Number, we understand what the Google Voice number is, especially for those that are new to the service.
Google voice number is an internet-enabled phone number that allows you to use just one phone number across several phones and lines. With the number, users can make and receive calls, send text messages, and block numbers on their phones with ease through their web browser.
With the Google Voice number, you can make and receive international calls at a much cheaper rate than would be charged by our regular mobile network provider.
Most importantly, with the google voice number, incoming calls and texts from your multiple phone numbers can be directed to the one universal Number. Interesting right? To get started, you have to sign up for the service to enable you to get the number. How to sign up will be explained in the next paragraph.
How To Sign Up And Get A Google Voice Number
To sign up for google voice, you first have to create a Google account. It is very easy to do that as it would take more than just a few minutes. After creating the account, you can go ahead with these steps to sign up and get your google voice number.
- Log into your Google account
- Visit www.voice.google.com
- Browse and select an area code. You are free to choose any area code of your choice, not necessarily your home location.
- Choose a suitable phone number from the list of phone numbers that would display on your screen by clicking select.
- Verify your existing phone number by clicking verify.
- Enter your existing phone number on the next screen And click send Code.
- Enter the code that was sent to your phone via text message on the screen
- Click verify and then finish to complete the process.
I know you would ask at this moment “is it possible to change your google voice number?” Let’s find out in the next paragraph.
Can I Change My Google Voice Number?
Fortunately, the answer is yes. I know that sounds like good news. Yes, it is amazingly good. The google voice service is designed in a way that if for some reason you decide to change your number, you can take some steps to request a new number. I will discuss the steps below but let’s see some reasons why you would want to change your google voice number.
Why Should I Change My Google Voice Number?
The following are some of the reasons you might want to change your google voice number.
- Change of location.
- Difficulty in recalling the number.
- To set up a new two-factor authentication code.
How To Change Google Voice Number
So we established above that it is possible to change your google voice number. Are you wondering how that is done, then the next paragraphs are the answers. We would be looking at the steps on how to change your google voice numbers on your PC, iPhone, or IOS devices, and Android phones. So keep on reading.
How To Change Google Voice Number On Your Computer (PC)
Take these steps on how to change your Google Voice Number on your PC. They are quite simple and easy to understand.
- Log in to your google voice account on www.voice.google.com.
- Select the menu icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the legacy voice option.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right of the next page to select settings. You will see your google voice number on the phone tab.
- Click on the option to change or port your number.
- Click on the bother to request a new number
- Select the ” I want a new number option” and follow the prompt.
With these steps, an email with be sent to you for confirmation before completing the rest of the process of how to change your google voice number.
How To Change Your Google Voice Number On iPhone Or IOS Devices
Everyone searching for how to change the google voice number on iPhone. Search no further and take these relatively easy steps.
- Open and log in to the google voice app on your phone.
- Click on the menu icon at the top left corner of the homepage.
- Click on settings.
- Click on the devices and linked phone option under the Accounts section.
- Tab on change device number under the device section.
- Choose one of the following options that would be displayed on the screen. The options are Your Device Number, No Number, and New Linked Number.
- Tap on save after choosing one.
- Follow the prompt till your google voice number is changed successfully.
How To Change Google Voice Number On Android Devices
Just like it is explained on how to change the Google voice number on iPhones above, let’s see how the same can be done with android phones.
- Download your google voice app from your play store and sign in.
- On the top left corner, click on Menu and then settings.
- Click on Devices and linked numbers in the Account section.
- Click on the set device number.
- Choose any of the three options as in the iOS above.
- Click on save.
Once these steps are completed, your google voice number will be changed.
When Can I Change My Google Voice Number?
There is no stipulated time on when to change your google voice number. And changing your google voice number with the steps on how to change the google voice number above is not compulsory. You can change the number anytime the need arises.
How Many Times Can I Change My Google Voice Number?
As we move towards the end of the discussion on how to change the Google voice number, it is pertinent to note that you can change your google voice number as many times as it is necessary.
Bear in mind, however, that it is not done for free. You would be charged a fee to change your google voice number.
How Much Would I Be Charged To Change My Google Voice Number?
Finally, before we end the topic on how to change your Google Voice number, know that you will be charged an amount of 10 dollars before your number will be changed successfully.
This article has given a comprehensive and detailed explanation of how to change the Google voice number on your mobile devices and computers. It also showed you how to get the google voice number in case you are new to the system as well as when to change it, the fees to change, and how many times you are allowed to change your google voice number.
Remember that the process may not be successful if the steps are not followed according. So after reading this, you can now go ahead and change your google voice number.