To everyone out there searching for how to delete Venmo account, this article will be very helpful to you. With step by step guide, I will show you how to cancel or close your Venmo account in three different ways. So, if you’re finding it difficult to delete your Venmo account” kindly follow any of the methods shared here to close your account permanently.
Venmo is already getting very really popular in our digital world and I would be surprised if you haven’t already heard about this great platform. If it’s your first time hearing about Venmo. It’s okay to be new, i’m going to walk you through essentially on how to use and how to delete a venmo account afterwards. No worries!
What Is A Venmo Account?
So, Venmo is a free mobile payment service or a digital wallet that allows you to send and receive money without any fees respectively.
No matter the type of card you use, a debit card or a bank account? The wallet is totally fee-free.
Can I Delete My Venmo Account And Make A New One?
Of course yes, you can delete your venmo account, erase your account details and get rid of the account if you are no longer interested in partnering with the platform any longer.
And creating is not prohibited after closing your Venmo account. Hence, the answer remains yes” you can delete your Venmo account and create a new one.
How To Delete Venmo Account
Nevertheless, deleting your venmo account is not a difficult task as it can be done with the use of your laptop or cell phone, via their mobile app or official website.
Make sure your venmo account balance is empty: Doing this before deleting your venmo account is vital so as to avoid stories that touches the heart. Because if you don’t, you’ll lose all your details along with the account.
- Login to your account via a tablet or a desktop: You can only do this with a desktop computer, input your details and proceed to the dashboard.
- In case you do not remember your username or password, you can simply click on the reset password button.
This will direct you to a a new page where you’ll be able to access your account, a reset email would also be sent to your email address.
- Check for incomplete transactions and transfer your money to your bank account:
After you must have recovered your username or password, that’s if you forgot yours. Then move to the next step on how to cancel venmo account.
Before proceeding to the big red delete button, smiles, I’m just kidding, make sure you have transferred your remaining cash into your bank account.
- Move your cursor to the settings: Proceed to delete your venmo account by clicking on “Delete My Venmo account“. Then you’re done.
After doing this, you will be logged out by the system, this simply means your account have been erased and you no longer have access to it.
- Email message: A message will then be sent to your email address, the message will contain details about your previous account.
Other ways to delete your venmo account if you could not undergo the above procedure.
- Contact venmo customer care service, this can also be done by reaching out to the direct phone lines of the company. All you will just need is to give some explanations on the reason why you are trying to delete your venmo account.
- If you can carefully do this, the company will definitely attend to your complaints and look into the issue. Be rest assured that within a couple of hours, your venmo account must have been deleted as you expected.
Following the deletion of your venmo account, you can still opt in to create a new venmo account. From learning how to close your venmo account – Reasons why you should create another account.
Why Should I Create A New Venmo Account ?
- It’s an easy transfer method
So many mobile wallet requires lots of tasks to use but it is a different situation with a venmo account. It’s a very easy platform for transactions.
- Venmo will track your transaction history
This is really handy because if you pay someone in cash, you can’t always track
that process. Maybe you didn’t write it down or keep a ledger of where you’re putting all your cash. But, venmo will do all these for you.
- Now, some people like to use Venmo as a replacement bank account.
For this reason, because it is free to use and that they seem not to have a bank account fees or monthly minimum requirements.
Generally, there’s a lot of restrictions which surprisingly comes with bank accounts and that’s why this digital wallet Venmo account can be sort of a replacement for that.
- It is owned by PayPal
Venmo is highly recommend as we are getting into the age of digital wallets everywhere and Venmo is going to keep with the times. This is because it’s owned by PayPal and they are also responsible for laying down rights on how users can delete their venmo account. They have a great track record behind them, So it is backed by PayPal safety and security and their excellent customer service.
Below are some compiled questions that are frequently asked concerning the queries or wanting to delete a venmo account.
Can I Delete My Venmo Account With A Computer?
Of course, you can do that with a computer but it is recommended that you do this as secured as possible in order to avoid revealing important information about your financial services.
How Do I Close A Venmo Account Of A Deceased Person?
If a certain relative of a deceased user of a venmo account attempts to get rid or delete the venmo account, the user is required to contact the platform customer service to do this.
Can I Recover A Deleted Venmo Account?
In case you have already followed the process of deleting your venmo account. However, recovering a deleted account would not seem to be possible unless the user creates a new account and start afresh.
How To Delete Venmo Account On iPhone
If you want to delete or cancel your venmo account on your iPhone, kindly follow the below steps;
- Using the Venmo App, go to the “Me” tab by tapping your picture or initials.
- Tap the Settings gear in the top right.
- Select “Account” under “Preferences”
- Tap “Close Venmo Account”
And that’s it, you have closed your Venmo account completely.
How To Delete Venmo Account On Android
Unfortunately, you can not delete your Venmo account with your android phone” you can only achieve this with your computer or tablet.
The process of Venmo account closing has already been shared here, you can scroll up to read again.
No doubt, you must have learnt how to delete Venmo account using any of these methods. If you ever encounter any challenges while trying to close your Venmo account, feel free to use the comment box below to give us feedback.