Definitely you’re among those searching for how to use Cash App: steps to send and receive money on Cash App using your android phone or iOS. It is not strange that many times, newbies who might have heard of or seen the Cash App are left in doubt as to what it is and how it is used.
If that is the case with you, I want you to take a deep breath of relief because you are in the right place. This article will teach you everything you need to know about how to use Cash App as well as the steps on how to send and receive money on Cash App. Let’s start with what Cash App is.
What Is “Cash App?”
Cash App is one of the many mobile Apps like Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, etc that allows you to make financial transactions such as the sending of money, receiving of money, buying bitcoin, instant deposit, and paying for goods and services as well as investing in stocks without having to go to the bank.
Cash App is a peer-to-peer donation platform that came into existence over a decade ago. It is owned by Square Incorporated and is currently one of the most popular mobile applications in the US and UK.
Although it is easy to use, it is necessary that new users, as well as old users who need clarity on how it is used, are guided. So stay glued to your screen as we examine the steps on how to use Cash App especially for sending and receiving money.
How To Set Up Cash App On Your Mobile Phone.
We earlier noted that Cash App is a mobile application which is an indication that it is used on your android and iPhones and can be downloaded from either your play store or iOS respectively. Read below to get the step by steps of setting up the Cash App on your mobile phones.
- Download the application from your play store or iOS.
- Install the app, open it and enter either your phone number or email address which will enable Cash App to send you a verification code that will be needed to verify your account.
- Enter the code that was sent to you
- The next step will be to add your bank account. You can choose to ignore this by clicking on “skip“
- If you added your bank account, you will have to enter your name and debit card number.
- Finally, choose a $Cashtag. It is a unique ID that is used in making transactions such as receiving payments. Your $Cashtag must be a maximum of 20 characters including at least one letter.
By completing these steps, you are now a Cash App user. However, your account will remain restricted till you carry out a process known as verification. Once your account is verified, you can use your Cash App to send and receive money as you wish.
How To Send Money On Cash App
You will agree with me that sending money is one of the most important aims of the application. The following are the simplest steps on how to send money to either a friend, family or your bank account.
- Type in the amount of money you want to send on the homepage of your Cash App. Note that the amount must not exceed the balance on your account. The paragraph below will explain how to add money to your Cash App.
- Click on “pay” at the bottom right corner of the same page.
- On the next page, type in the name, email, or $Cashtag of the receiver.
- As a reason for payment.
- Click on pay at the top right corner of the page.
- Put either your face ID or your PIN and click send.
Wow, I know that was rightly simple and ith that, your money has been sent. Now let’s look at how to add money to your Cash App account below.
How To Deposit Money On Cash App?
We started above that you can only send as much as you have in your account. So what happens when you have insufficient funds in your balance? You will have to add money.
Follow the process below to add money to your Cash App account.
- Click on the banking tab on the homepage of your Cash App.
- Go further to click on ‘add cash“
- Next, choose a custom amount to add
- Tap on Add
- Enter your PIN or User ID to confirm
However, these steps are for those who have already linked their bank account. For those who haven’t done that, you can add cash by requesting payment from other Cash App users.
How To Request Money On Cash App.
Requesting money from family or friends using the Cash App means that they will have to send you some amount of money which will be added to your Cash App account. To request payment,
- Click on the money icon on the homepage of your Cash App.
- Enter the amount of money you would like to request.
- Click on request at the bottom left of the same page.
- On the next page, enter the $cashtag, email, or phone number of the person.
- Type in the reason for the payment (optional).
- Click on request at the top right corner of the same page
The payment will be sent to your account by the person and all you need to do is to accept payment and the money will be added to your balance.
How To Receive Money On Cash App
When money is sent to you, it is expected that you receive the payment before it will be added to your balance. To accept payment, cautiously take these steps
- Go to the Activity tab of Cash App
- Scroll to the top and you will see “pending“
- Click on the accept icon at the top of the page showing the amount of money that was sent to you.
- The amount will instantly be added to your balance.
If you have earlier received money from that individual, you do not have to go through this process because the money will automatically reflect in your balance.
How To Know If Someone Has Received Your Cash App Payment? Track Cash App Payment.
If you want to track the payment that you made to ensure that it has been received, here is how to check it on your Cash App.
- Tap on the Activity tab on the homepage of your Cash App.
- Select the payment that you want to review
- Tap on the three dots (…)
- The status of your transaction will be shown to you.
How To Use Cash App Without A Debit Card
If you are not comfortable with adding your debit card to your Cash App account, you can still use the app by using your $cashtag for sending and receiving money. Then order a Cash App Card (Cash Card) for all your withdrawals.
In summary, this post has discussed the steps on how to use Cash App especially in the area of sending and receiving money. It also examined how to set up a Cash App account, get verified, and how to use the app without a debit card. It’s been a very educative read and I hope your doubts have been clarified.