If you are looking for a fast and straightforward article on how to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App, you need no search further. This post got you covered as it is going to guide you through how you can do that in a few minutes.
Transferring money online from one account to another has increasingly become a necessity in this era. Money can be transferred from one bank to another and also from banks to other financial institutions and platforms vise versa such as from Netspend to Chime and others.
The shocking thing about this is that many users are still having problems with how to transfer money, especially from Netspend to Cash App. Some are not even sure if there is a way to send money from Netspend to Cash App.
The good news, however, is that this guide will take you through how you can do it in just a few minutes without having to stress yourself so much. So read through to the end to succinctly get every step. But before going into details, let’s take a quick overview of what Netspend is and what Cash App is.
What Is Netspend?
Netspend is a company known globally for the payment of goods and services, payment of bills, withdrawing cash, and making transfers. It works majorly by providing prepaid Visa and Mastercard to its users. The cards can be used as an alternative to your regular bank debit card.
The Netspend prepaid card is reloadable which means that after you have used up the funds in your Netspend card, you can search any reload locations and get your card reloaded.
Now let’s briefly see what Cash App is.
What Is Cash App?
It’s necessary to understand what a Cash App is before we go in-depth into how to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App. Cash App is a mobile application that is notable for peer-to-peer payment. It was created in 3013 and currently has millions of users all over the continent.
With Cash App, family and friends can send you money through the use of your $cashtag. And you can also send money to other Cash App users in your bank account. Read more on how Cash App works here
Therefore, knowing that both Cash App and Netspend are used for the function of transferring money to other financial institutions, let us now see if it is possible to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App.
Can You Transfer Money From Netspend To Cash App?
Yes, it is possible to transfer money from your Netspend card account to your Cash App account. The price, however, is not a direct one and cannot be said to be an official means nevertheless, it has been used over time by users who have both Netspend and Cash App accounts and it has worked for them successfully.
What Is Needed To Transfer Money From Netspend To Cash App?
This is a very important question to ask because it is pertinent to prepare oneself with every needed criterion before embarking on any feat. It is in the light of the above that we will be examining the needed criteria that will make your transfer from Netspend to Cash App faster.
The first and most important thing is to link your Netspend and your Cash App as well as your Paypal to a bank account. This is because the bank would serve as an intermediary in the transfer process. I guess you already have an account with Cash App and Paypal and you also have a bank account. So let’s see how you can link your Netspend to your bank account.
How To Link Netspend To A Bank Account
This is the first step on how to transfer money from Netspend To Cash App. To link your Netspend to your bank account, take these steps
- Login to your Bank App with your Password or fingerprint.
- Navigate to the place where you are required to Add Bank or external account. The location of this varies from bank to bank.
- Enter the account number and routing number of your Netspend card. To get this information, log into your Netspend account, select the link to add money or transfer money. There you will see the issuing bank account number and the routing number of your Netspend card.
- Make a test deposit with a small amount of say $1 to ascertain the success of the process.
How To Link Cash App To Bank Account
Remember I also said above that one of the requirements on how to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App is to link your Cash App to a bank account just like you have done to the Netspend explained above. To link your Cash App to your bank account, follow these steps carefully
- Log into your Cash App
- Click on the profile icon on the homepage
- Select linked bank on the next page
- Click on Link Bank
- Keep following the prompt till the process is successful then click done.
isn’t that just easy? It would take up to a minute to do.
Furthermore, linking your PayPal account to Netspend is another criterion. Learn how to link your Netspend to Paypal here.
Does Cash App Works With Netspend?
This question is also asked in other ways like “does Cash App accept Netspend cards?” Cash App does not accept Netspend directly so there is no way to link your cash app to Netspend but as I said earlier, by linking both accounts to a bank account and linking Netspend to Paypal, your transfer from Netspend to a bank account will be possible.
How To Transfer Money From NetSpend To Cash App
The process of sending money from your Netspend to Cash App is a long but easy thing to do that wouldn’t take more than just a few minutes. It involves moving your funds from Netspend to PayPal, then from PayPal to your bank account and from your bank account to your Cash App. So let’s see them one at a time.
- Link your PayPal account to your Netspend. Click here to get the details on how to link your Paypal to netspend and how to transfer money from Netspend to PayPal.
- Then after sending and receiving the required amount on your PayPal, the next thing to do is to send the money to your linked bank account. Recall that we had earlier learned how to link your bank account. Here is how to transfer money from your PayPal to your bank account. log in to your PayPal using your details, click on the balance icon, tap on Transfer money, then select your bank account. Tap next and on the next page, enter the amount you intend to transfer and click transfer.
- The third step on how to transfer money from your Netspend to Cash App is to move the money from your bank account to your cash app. This will be done by requesting payment from your bank account through your cash app. Do not panic, it is also very easy to do. However, remember that your bank account should already be linked to your cash app as explained above. To request money from your bank account, click on the banking icon on the home screen of your cash app. On the banking tab, select add cash. Type in the amount of money that you wish to add and tap add. Confirm the transaction and you are done.
wow! Isn’t it amazing that you can be able to transfer money from Netspend to the cash app?
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From Netspend To Cash App?
Usually, to move money from Netspend to Cash App does not take a very long time. However, the process might be delayed because transferring money from PayPal to your bank account will take between 3 to 5 working days excluding public holidays and weekends.
And transferring from your bank account to Cash App might also take some time. So, when preparing to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App, expect that it would take up to one week to receive your funds on your cash app account.
Are There Charges For Sending Money From Your Netspend To Cash App?
PayPal does not charge Netspend users any fee to receive money from their Netspend account. However, you will be required to pay 1% of every transfer amount for instant transfer from PayPal to your bank account.
But if you are not using instant transfer, then there are no charges. To receive funds from your bank account to PayPal attract no charges. So to transfer money from your Netspend to Cash App would cost you little it no amount in all.
Do I Need A Flashpay ID To Transfer Money From Netspend To Cash App?
No, you do not have to use a flashpay ID since it is not a direct transfer and you aren’t sending it to another Netspend user.
So you will agree with me that the process of how to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App is easy and doesn’t take more than just a few minutes provided your accounts are linked and the fund is available as explained in the article.
The article has been able to demystify the seemingly impossible process and I hope by following the steps, you can be able to make your transfers.