There may be a need to send money to your family or friends, but all you have is a Visa gift card. But do you know you can add that Visa gift card to your venmo accounts and send it to your family or friends? Yes you can. And here in this article, I’m going to show you simple steps on how to add a Visa Gift card to your venmo accounts.
Venmo is an American mobile payment service founded in 2009 and owned by PayPal since 2012 and gift cards are small cards that can be exchanged for a specified cash value of goods or services from a particular business and it can be given as a gift.
However, with the increasing diversity of Venmo, you can link or add basically any gift card to your Venmo account, ranging from Visa, American Express, Mastercard gift cards, and many more.
Sometimes you may not want to walk with your gift card in your wallet, so you may prefer to use venmo to pay for your purchases. To do this, you should know that you have to link your gift card to venmo first. But how can you link your Visa gift card to venmo? We’ll learn that right away!
If you are using Venmo, you can send money to someone and as well receive payment from them. Venmo is popular and is one of the most used digital options when it comes to online financial transactions. Visa being famous has made sales of their gift card easy.
How To Add Visa Card To Venmo
Adding your Visa gift card to Venmo is quite easy. There are two major ways to add your Visa gift card to venmo, the online method and the mobile app method. But before I teach you how, you should know that when adding your gift cards on Venmo there are chances of your gift card being rejected or declined.
This may happen if the gift card issuer, and the Venmo aren’t in agreement, if they are not, you may not be able to add your gift cards to your Venmo account. To avoid this make sure you check if the gift card you want to add to venmo is accepted.
But don’t worry too much, Visa gift card is accepted by Venmo. So, here is How to add your Visa gift card to Venmo
How To Add Visa Gift Card To Venmo using the venmo mobile app
- Step 1: Open the venmo mobile app. You can download it from the Google play store into your Android device or from the Apple App store for iOS devices.
- Step 2: click on the three horizontal lines that appear in the bottom left corner to gain access to the menu.
- Step 3:Locate and tap on the “preference” option.
- Step 4:Under “Preferences” in the Settings menu, tap “Payment Methods,”
- Step 5: select the add Bank or Card option.
- Step 6: Tap on “Card” to link your gift card.
- Step 7: Enter the details of your gift card (the 16 digits card number, the CVV numbers, and the expiration date) You can also click on the camera to scan it.
- Don’t forget to press add after completion of step 7.
That’s the step to link your Visa card to Venmo using the venmo mobile app. But don’t forget that adding your visa gift cards to Venmo may not be successful. Sometimes you might get your card declined.
To avoid getting your card declined follow the necessary steps carefully. If you still can’t link your Visa card to Venmo, contact your Venmo or your gift card vendor for a complaint.
How to add Visa gift card to Venmo using the venmo website.
Do you Know that you can also link your Visa gift card to your Venmo online? Yes you can. To do so follow the below step carefully and accordingly
- step 1: go to the venmo website.
- Step 2: make sure you sign in to your account by providing the necessary and accurate details.
- Step 3: after signing in, go to the left hand side of the screen and click on the settings spot.
- Step 4: under the settings menu, you will be able to see the payment option. Click on it.
- Step 4: click on added payment method and select the add bank or card category.
- Step 5: select the add credit or debit card option.
- Step 6: go ahead and type in your card number into the text box and enter the expiration date.
- Step 7 : Enter your cvv code.
- Step 8: Type in your zip code.
- Step 9: Click on “add card”
As soon as you do this your card will be linked to your Venmo account.
Can you Put Venmo Money on a Visa Gift Card?
Yes, why not. You can use Venmo balance to purchase Gift Cards at various accredited websites that sell gift cards. Some of which includes prepaid or gift cards from American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
You can use your Venmo to buy gift cards at most retailers. Buying gift cards with your Venmo is usually quite simple, However don’t forget that gift cards, prepaid cards, may be rejected by the issuer for reasons like fraud prevention and funds availability.
Also, keep in mind that Venmo may require you to enter a zip code when using a gift card or prepaid card with Venmo. And if you are using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa on Venmo, you are in safe hands.
Can I Pay Others With Venmo Gift Card Balance?
Absolutely yes. You can use your gift card balance on Venmo to pay others. As long as you have the sufficient funds.
Can I put a Visa gift card on venmo?
Yes, you can put a Visa gift card on Venmo. Venmo allows debit, credit and prepaid networks branded like Discover, American Express, MasterCard and Visa cards that are registered under your name to be added to Venmo.
Why won’t my Visa gift card work on venmo?
If this happens, it’s either you don’t have the sufficient funds or Venmo declined it to prevent fraud or maybe your Visa gift card isn’t registered under your name.
How can I get cash from a Visa gift card?
You can get cash from a Visa Gift Card by simply selling it or exchanging it for cash.
Can you add Visa gift cards Cash app?
Adding Visa gift cards cash is not possible, except for a few government-enabled prepaid cards.
Are there fees to use Venmo?
For more information about this please visit this link venmo.com/our-fees and your question will be answered.
Where can I see my payment methods?
This can be seen when you go to the “Me” tab, then the Settings gear in the top right, then tap “Payment Methods.”
Banking is easier with Venmo and payment is easier with gift cards. Linking your Visa gift card is possible and the steps you need to follow when using the mobile app or the Venmo web site have been listed above.
Getting your Venmo mobile app is easy, You can download it from the Google play store into your Android device or from the Apple App store for iOS devices. By now I am sure you know how to add a Visa gift card to Venmo.